● Has your house undergone major renovations or improvements? If so, your home may be underinsured.
● Has your marital status changed? If you have married, for example, you may now qualify for a multi-car discount on your auto insurance.
● Have you purchased new valuables or collectibles? If so, you may be seriously underinsured for these items. Specialty policies or endorsements can properly cover them.
● Are you now participating in a carpool? If so, your exposure to injuring passengers has grown and your liability limits may need to be increased.
● Are you now retired? If so, your auto insurance premium will likely drop since your annual mileage should decrease.
● Have you added a burglar alarm with central station reporting for your home? If so, you could qualify for a homeowners premium discount.
Get more personal lines insurance and risk management tips and ideas from IRMI.
Copyright 2008, International Risk Management Institute, Inc.