My first thought, “That’s unacceptable. I better make a priority of checking my statement.”
My second thought, “We just talked about this with a company representative at work!”
Did you know that the average cost per compromised customer record is more than $200? Cyber and privacy risks apply to almost every company, not just technology firms.
Here’s a few questions to ask yourself to see if you are at risk:
· Do we take credit card numbers?
· Do we take social security numbers?
· Do we take bank account or routing numbers?
· Full Name
· Social Security Number
· Date of Birth
· Driver’s License Number
· Bank Account Numbers
· Credit/Debit Card Information
· Patient History and Medications
According to the Verizon 2012 Data Breach Investigations Report:
· 71% of data breaches happen to small businesses.
· Small businesses experience 95% of the credit card breaches reported.
· 52% of small business owners say they have no data security policy.
· Reported data breaches were up 38% in 2011.
How does our technology hurt us? Our data can be breached if our smartphone, tablet, laptop, or flash drive is lost or stolen or if files are not shredded or disposed properly.
Do you think your business has a risk that’s not covered in the event of a data breach? Call our Commercial Account Managers today at 731-668-8444 for a data breach quote.