● Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when installing the vent pipe.
● Keep the dryer vent clean and unplugged. Check for a plugged vent if the dryer does not dry clothes efficiently.
● Remove and clean the lint screen before each use.
● Keep all combustibles away from the clothes dryer.
● Hire a qualified technician to periodically inspect gas clothes dryers.
Get more personal lines insurance and risk management tips and ideas from IRMI.
Copyright 2008, International Risk Management Institute, Inc.